Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How to start the week off right

This week has started out really well and I'm so happy about that!!  Sunday was a pretty typical day for me I guess, church in the morning and then youth group in the late afternoon.  The message was great at church, Pastor Rex's sermons on Heaven are thought provoking and reassuring at the same time.  And I figure if he expects that Buddy the Wonder Dog will be there, then I can plan on seeing Riley (or a new version of him) in eternity!

Youth Group was a really fun night.  We had a scavenger hunt and I ended up with 4 middle school girls in my car.  I have to say that ever since Breakout this year, I'm finding myself drawn to this age group more and more.  I'm not exactly sure what that's all about ... maybe I've had enough attitude from some of my high schoolers that the craziness and inability to sit still for more than 4 minutes that is a middle school girl is rather refreshing.  Anyway, the scavenger hunt was a lot of fun; and while my team didn't win, it was a refreshing change from the normal weekly service we do for them.

Monday at work went by in a flash.  I had a lot of work to do and 2 meetings that took up more time that expected; so the day flew by.  Last night, I determined to start out having some meaningful quiet time with me and God.  I started a new journal, was able to read about 6 chapters in Exodus (I'm a few weeks behind in my reading so I'm determined to double up until I'm caught up) and had a good 25-30 minutes of prayer time.  I think I freaked my dog out because he's definitely not used to me saying much of anything we are in bed!!  And I was praying out loud to keep my focus ... so he was serving to distract me part of the time.

Then I was in bed by 10:15 pm and I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and renewed and in a good mood. 

I'm very hopeful to build on this momentum and am actually looking forward to 9PM rolling around tonight.  If you know me, you know that I function best with a set schedule.  And while 9PM won't work every night of the week, I'm shooting for as much consistency as I can!

Excited to see what tonight's quiet time brings!

No comments: