Sunday, May 2, 2010

busy "mindless" weekend

So my weekend didn't go as I had thought it was going to.  The meeting on Friday went okay but it left me drained and mentally exhausted.  So there was no way I was in the right frame of mind to hang out with teens for 12 hours and not get any sleep.  For the 1st time in a LONG time, I bailed on a youth activity ... I felt somewhat bad but I was happy overall with my decision.

Saturday morning, early (well early for me - 9:00 am) my mom and brother came to my house.  We did a TON of landscaping!  To both the front and back of my house.  We didn't stop until 4:00 PM with probably an hour and half break with a trip to Lowe's and lunch.  Then my mom and I were at it probably another hour this afternoon. I'm still not completely finished as Lowe's ran out of the brown mulch we had bought.  So there's another shipment coming in Wed or Thursday so I probably have another hour or so of mulching.

I was so exhausted last night!  It had been a long, hot, sweaty day.  I was covered in dirt and mosquito bites, the dog was filthy and my muscles started aching pretty quickly.

However, at the end of the day, we had a ton to show for our work!  It was exhausting but rewarding.  Thankfully we were able to finish today once the clouds rolled in and before the rain started.

And the best part of all of it ... I didn't have time to even think about work :)

While I was physically exhausted last night, that was fairly easily remedied with a few advil and a good night's sleep.  The mental exhaustion from work and life and everything else, doesn't go away quite so easily

No comments: