Thursday, April 29, 2010

tomorrow should be 'interesting'

I know I haven't posted anything in over a week, and it's because nothing really all that noteworthy or spectacular has happened.  I have been journalling for over a week now and I guess since I'm writing things down in there, I don't feel anything is worthy of being written about twice

I do have some upcoming events that have the potential to be more than a little interesting ... there are 2 big meetings at my job tomorrow, both pretty big deals ... one has been about 5 years in the making.  It's way overdue and I'm surprisingly optimistic that things might actually change for the better, which can only make me enjoy my job much more!  However, the meeting has been planned for over a week, so it's kind of been a black cloud, looming on the horizon, all week. It's at 1:00 PM and I'm not sure exactly how long it's going to take ... but I'm not sure I will be in the best of moods when it's all over with.

Which isn't really great, because we are having an all-nighter with both Jr and Sr High from 8pm on Fri to 8am on Sat ... and the key to an all-nighter, is NO SLEEP!  I'm imagining what I'm really going to be in the mood for tomorrow after work, is my sweatpants, the couch and an adult beverage ... instead I'm going to have to put on a happy, energetic face, drop the dog at my mom's and go spend 12 hrs being fun, energetic and on the lookout for students groping each other in dark corners ...

I'm also a little scared because I have been trying very hard to retire "Nazi Rachael" when it comes to youth and youth events.  I witnessed some others being their own "nazi" versions early this year and I didn't like how it made me feel to be on the receiving end of some of that ... so I started re-evaluating my own reactions and behaviors.  So now I get to test my resolve ... after an intense day at work, and the prospect of no sleep and no adult beverages, of being nice, understanding, patient and not yelling .... oh boy

(As an aside, this wind we've been having is insane!  It even seems to be affecting my dog and his BFF Buddy ... both of them were a little insane today when they were playing ... they would all of sudden stop, seem to notice the wind and all the things blowing, become a little mesmerized, and then resume their running ... I also have a large dead branch hanging precariously, balanced on another branch and one of my cable/power lines ... so depending on how much the wind picks up through the night, I could wake up to no power tomorrow)

No comments: