i do know it's been an emotional few weeks for me ... so here are the things that have made me cry lately (not in any major order)
- the final game @ yankee stadium on Sunday night ... this could probably count for half of my 10 ...
- when bernie williams made his 1st appearance at the stadium since 2006,
- when bobby murcer's widow & 2 kids walked out to center field,
- when jorge posada came out to catch the 1st pitch, even though he had surgery earlier this year and couldn't play in the game
- when babe ruth's daughter threw out the 1st pitch
- when derek jeter made his speech from the pitcher's mound after the yankees won the game ... (click the link, you know you want to watch it)
- when the yankees tipped their caps to the fans and then walked around the entire field
- when getting ready for work on Monday morning and the radio guys were talking about Jeter's speech and replayed it - yep I cried again
- when talking to a co-worker about the game on Monday
- a difficult conversation with my best friend
- the ending of the book "The Friday Night Knitting Club"
- 2 movies "PS I Love You" and "The Martian Child"
- becoming overwhelmed with work and all the new projects i'm being asked to do
i know that all my tears for a baseball game might get me laughed at, but the yankees and yankee stadium are a part of me. i don't know how else to describe it. my honest answer to the question, where is your favorite place to be is 'yankee stadium' ... there's nothing quite like being apart of 55,000 people, yelling at the top of your lungs, jumping up and down when someone hits a home run or makes a spectacular play ... high fiving and hugging perfect strangers ...
some of my best memories from the past 9 years have been at Yankee Stadium. if the city of NY decides to tear down the stadium, i may have to take that day off of work. i might just be inconsolable