Thursday, November 15, 2012

Just 3 things ... About my baby brother

Well I know its a big surprise that my next blog post is about (another) brother. This one is about my baby brother J.

J is the brother I was closest too when we were growing up. He's 5 1/2 years younger than me but for some reason he still managed to be "cool" enough to hang out with my friends when I was in college. Most 20 year olds wouldn't tolerate their 14 year old sibling hanging out with them but we made it work :)

1) J was my first roommate. He & I moved out on our own at the same time. So we shared our first apt together for a year. It was a great year!!! We had a ton of fun and only seemed to fight over the phone ;) this was back when the only way to connect to the Internet was thru dial up (I'm old I know it). We had great friends that lived nearby and it might have been one of the best years of my life. And then he had to go and move away from me :(

2) J might be the smartest of all the siblings. He is a nurse anesthetist (thank you auto correct) and actually understands science; a concept very foreign to me!!! He also has a really good understanding of the Bible and theology. He leads bible studies and is a part of the worship team at his church. In just a little over a year there he has made an impact at his church and in his community

3) J is a great father!!! He has 4 little girls and has embraced what it means to be a good dad. He makes up silly songs about them, reads to them, takes them camping, encourages them, teaches them right from wrong and loves them with his whole heart. And those girls LOVE & ADORE him in return. His arrival home each day is the highlight of their day.

A few more tidbits about J:
- he needs to shave about 3 times a day
- if an activity happens outdoors he LOVES it (camping, kayaking, hiking, biking, boating, fishing, etc etc)
- he loves his JEEP but can't seem to keep one very long. The boy buys more cars on Craig's list than anyone else I know
- his morning ritual includes coffee, his bible, sportscenter & the gym
- he loves his big sister enough to let her move into his basement and pile all her stuff into every spare corner of his home :)

I love you J and am so excited that you are a big part of this next chapter in my life :)

No comments: