Wednesday, May 23, 2012

i think my tv might be possessed ...

ok so i just have to share about the weirdest thing that's happened to me in a long time.  last night, in the middle of the night, my TV turned on all by itself ... i was in such a daze it took me some time to figure out what exactly was going on before i could figure out it was the television.  of course, i could not find the remote so i stumbled out of bed and turned off the tv... climbed back into bed and the tv turned itself on again ... then it kept turning on and off, on and off. i finally had to unplug it so i could go back to sleep ... i only vaguely remembered this happening when i woke up this morning ... but tonight i was putting away laundry and had the tv on in my room again.... turned it off, went into the living room and all of a sudden i hear the bedroom tv turn on again ... so random ... i cannot explain it ... so for now i guess, my television will be unplugged or turned on - i don't know if i have any other options ... 


am i the only person this type of stuff happens too???


tonight it kind of a low night for me and i honestly don't know if can come up with 3 positive things or not ...


what i can say is that tonight it kind of hit me that i have really been stuck in this work bubble for a long time now and that i am missing out on 'life'.  there are little people in my life that has little league games and school concerts and things of that nature, and i am not able to go support them and cheer for them ... i have friends with new babies that i have not been able to visit ... friends who are struggling with their daily grind that i don't have time to meet up with to be their friend ... i've missed birthday parties and adoption celebrations and the list really goes on and on ... 


i'm not one who normally gets depressed or low but every now and then it hits me ... tonight was one of those nights.


i know that all my working is literally paying off ... i've watched my credit card debt come really close to disappearing ... i've watched my savings account balance actually accumulate ... i'm making decisions about my future, decisions that are very exciting and life-changing...


but the daily grind of working and then working some more after a while is overwhelming


so if i haven't been the friend to you i've needed to be, if i've missed out on some of your life "events", please know i am sorry and i do recognize what i'm missing out on!


i am grateful for those of you who cheered me up tonight over text ... i sent out about 10 desperate texts tonight to different people to try to 'catch up' on what is going on in their lives, to try to see beyond my own small little world, to make some plans for socializing


and i know above all, i need to take these worries and concerns to the One who will hear me, who will provide comfort and reassurance, who can re-focus me, not on my inward selfish pitying but instead outwardly to those who are suffering in much bigger needs than my small pity party ... 


pray for me??
r

1 comment:

Amy said...

That is creepy-town about the TV, lady. If it starts telling you to "go into the light" like it's Poltergeist, DON'T DO IT.

I know what you mean about work and missing out on things. I've been doing the crazy work schedule for 7 years now. It never gets much easier. But your friends understand, and you have an end in sight. You're strong. You can do this.